Written by Peter Hollins
Narrated by Russell Newton
Sixteen simple yet versatile thinking models to solve problems, make decisions, and engineer insight.
Mental models are like giving a treasure map to someone lost in the woods. They provide instant understanding, context, and most importantly, a path to the end destination. Now imagine having such a map for all problems and decisions in your life.
Make complex decisions with speed and confidence; stop being fooled by false alarms.
Mental Models: 16 Versatile Thinking Tools sheds light on true intelligence: it’s not about knowledge and knowing the capitals of all the countries in the world. It’s about how you think, and each mental model is a specific framework on how to think smart and with insight. You can approach the world by trying to analyze each piece of information separately, or you can learn mental models that do the work for you.
Emulate the world’s top thinkers (dead and alive).
Peter Hollins has studied psychology and peak human performance for over a dozen years and is a bestselling author. He has worked with a multitude of individuals to unlock their potential and path towards success. His writing draws on his academic, coaching, and research experience.
Stop ramming your head into the wall and take on an entirely new perspective.
• How to solve problems, but be similarly satisfied even if you don’t – MM #1
• Understand that no problem or decision is ever made in a vacuum – MM #2
• How to consistently set yourself up for luck discoveries and insight – MM #4
• Avoid getting sucked into outcome-dependent analyses and decisions – MM #7
• How to visualize critical thinking and increase your processing speed – MM #12
• How to perform the most difficult task of all – think about your thinking – MM #15
Think in models and think like a genius.
To request this audiobook, complete the form below.
After listening to your free audiobook, please consider leaving a review at Audible. Even brief reviews help authors, narrators and audiobook listeners.